Friday, August 5, 2011

A Feeling I Like

I don't know how to describe
the feeling that stirs inside
when I stand with my fingers curled around
a steaming hot cup of chai
while its pouring beyond the shelter
in drops hurrying to their mother's lap
they are so happy to mix in her scent
and so am I.

I don't know how to describe
the feeling that fills my heart
when I gaze at the blue horizon
with skies of a color that light my eyes
and hills that seem to dance alongside
and nothing in between seems to come in sight.


I don't know how to describe
the feeling that does a recital in my stomach
when I finally set out with bags in my hands
filled only with memories yet to be created
I will stay only a while with them
In my favorite place after all this while
it's a feeling I think which is most endearing.

That feeling where you are home.
either with steaming cup of chai on a rainy day
or amidst mesmerizing visions of nature
or just going Home.

No comments: